DECADE I (1973-1982): Journey With A Mission
- GGDSDC Society started with a mission to impart Value Based Education for the overall development of students.
- Inspired by the teachings of Mahamanna Madan Mohan Malviya ji and Goswami Ganesh Dutta ji Maharaj, Pt. Mohan Lal ji started Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College, Chandiagrh in a small bungalow in sector 8 with undergraduate course in humanities.
- Shifted to present building with state- of- the - art infrastructure and initiated undergraduate courses in commerce and science
DECADE II (1983-1992): Many Leaps Forward
- Introduction of B.Com. Honours.
- Establishment of Pt. Mohan Lal S.D. Public School, Chandigarh to strengthen the foundation of tiny tots and young students at the right age.
DECADE III (1993-2002): No Looking Back
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh became Post Graduate College offering M.Com.
- For sustainable development of students, the society introduced graduate and post graduate courses in Information Technology.
- With a belief to empower women through Education, the society started Pt. Mohan Lal College for Women at Gurdaspur and later on started Pt .Mohan Lal College for Girls at Fatehgarh Churian to provide quality education to girl students of extremely backward areas
- Responding to its call for commitment to society, the management started Smt. Kaushalya Devi Charitable Institute for Women in memory of Smt. Kaushlya Devi Verma, wife of Prof. Roshan Lal Verma who donated their life-long savings to the Society. This charitable institution trains women from socially backward and economically weaker sections of society in beauty culture, stitching and embroidery and computer literacy
DECADE IV (2003-2012): Innovation And Excellence
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh became first among Panjab University Colleges to offer PG Courses– Masters in Business Economics and Post Graduate Diploma in Animation and Graphics
- Only College offering innovative course of Master in Entrepreneurship and Family Business.
- Only college affiliated to Panjab University which has been bestowed with a Status of "College with Potential for Excellence" by the U.G.C
- Two departments of the college i.e. Department of Commerce and Department of Biosciences have been declared as "Star Department" by UGC
- Adopted B.R. Ambedkar School in Naya Gaon (Pb.) to promote education amongst children of poor and backward classes
- Formed a voluntary organization SPIRIT INDIA to raise the patriotic and spiritual quotient of the students
- To keep pace with demands of the global standards, MoUs have been signed with University of the Fraser Valley, Canada and Normandy Business School, France
- NAAC, the highest accreditation authority accredited Grade ‘A’ to GGDSD College, Chandigarh
- Quality assurance and assessment led to NAAC Accreditation of Pt. Mohan Lal SD College for Women, Gurdaspur